Sunday, April 10, 2011

Ellen DeGeneres, Tom Hanks, Snooki shocked by Pia Toscano's elimination



Many "American Idol" fans were shocked and angered when gorgeous songtress Pia Toscano, considered by many to be the strongest singer in the competition, was booted off the show Thursday night.
Judge Jennifer Lopez held back tears when she told Toscano, “I have no idea what just happened here. I’m shocked, I’m angry—I don’t even know what to say.”
And the normally unflappable Randy Jackson was totally flapped.



“I’m with Jennifer… I think we’re all in shock. I’m gutted. You’re one of the best singers in this… I’m never upset on this show and I’m never really mad, but this makes me mad. It’s like, what is going on?”
But the outrage did not stop at the judge's table.
Jersey Shore’s Nicole "Snooki" Polizzi was outraged enough to tweet, “should have won the whole thing! I'm not watchin Idol anuymore. I'm with JLO on this one...”
Minka Kelly was dumbfounded, tweeting, “Will someone please explain to me HOW in the WORLD @PToscanoAI10 (Pia) has been voted off American Idol?! #baffled!!”
Alyssa Milano tweeted, “Keep your head up, beauty girl. You're an awesome talent.”
The editors of Billboard.com were shocked, tweeting, “Wow. wow. Pia Toscano is voted off #idol. Think the judges regret using that save on Casey (Abrams)?!”
Former AI judge Ellen DeGeneres told her Twitter followers that she was “shocked and sad” after watching the 22-year old New York native get eliminated last night.
Even Oscar-winner Tom Hanks weighed in, saying "Don't have an 'Idol' habit, but how could the USA vote Pia off? I may be done for the season!" via Twitter.
Toscano herself tweeted her fans and followers, saying, “I'm truly going to miss my idol family! Thank you @JLo Randy and Steven (Tyler) for believing in me. Love you and love my fans!”
But Toscano should take heart—another spurned American Idol contestant is in staunchly her corner, “Long as she walked away with that voice she will be alright !!” Tweeted Oscar-winner Jennifer Hudson. “Just hate to see talent like that go!”

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Add To Technorati StumbleUpon Digg Delicious Yahoo Google Newsgator MyAol NetVibes BlogLines Add to The Free Dictionary Bitty Excite MIX Netomat Add to fwicki Add to Webwag Add to Webwag